APPLY for 4 months!
The oppurtunity is open for HUNGARIAN volunteers only.
Food for community - contributing to building an eco-conscious urban community 2022
Szatyor Association, Budapest
Budapest, center location
15. December 2022 - 15. April 2023
Our Budapest location runs a community center and 2 shops selling "from producer-to-the-table" food and other sustainable healthy items. You will be supporting our team taking part in the daily activities of the community center, connected to promoting sustainability in urban environment and running community development activities:
Main tasks will include:
- organizing and realizing workshops, farm visits, international camps, trainings
- being involved in hands-on gardening in Budapest community gardens with permaculture approach and promoting community composting activities
- supporting our eco-catering activities
- creating posters, photos and different visuals, creating input and maintaining social media platforms
- taking part in strengthening intercultural community learnings activities You are very welcome to implement your own projects related to one of our main topics. You can experience rural and natural life in a village as well as have the possibility to contribute to the work of our Etyek team.
Accomodation, food and transport arrangements, other practical info
You will be volunteering 30 hours per week, sometimes weekends are included. Hungarian language support is provided.
Accommodation: In a shared flat, right above one of the community center in the downtown of Budapest, where you will have your separate room, but the flat is shared with another volunteer. The cost of the rent and utilities are covered by the hosting organization.
Transportation: You will be provided monthly travel passes for the public transportation in Budapest.
Allowances: 150 EUR pocket money and 150 EUR food allowance per months.
We are open to applications from young people aged 18-30 who enjoys being the ambassador of the green lifestyle in the heart of a metropolis. We appreciate the interest in ecologically conscious life and willingness to learn more about it and put it in practice. Also to be ready for some gardening and outdoor light physical work. Basic level of English (and willingness to improve) is necessary, also openness to work in teams, being respectful and tolerant towards other cultures and attitudes.