Applí to our program starting May 2023!
Learning collaboration - 2023
Nyim Eco Community
Nyim Eco Community can be found in a small village 15 km South from Lake Balaton. It consists of 11 adults in Nyim village, 4 more from Budapest, and 2 even from Austria. Most of the members speak English.
The community aims to find an ecologically, socially and economically balanced way of living. It is in a partnership with GEN Europe, and currently is working on strengthening local and regional networking. There is a community owned enterprise where main activities are bookbinding, art, and organising educational events.
May-October 2023 (6 months)
Volunteers can participate in the community's activities such as:
- reforestation project: planting and nurturing trees according to permaculture principles
- eco-building project: strawbale building and cob renovation
- cooking for events, and community meals
- creating ecological art
- renovating and taking care of the Community House
- creating posters, photos and other visual material
- trying out community building games and methods
(mostly based on CLIPS https://clips.gen-europe.org/)
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements, other practical info
You will be volunteering 30 hours per week, if weekends are included, off-days will be on weekdays.
Volunteers are hosted in the Community House of the organisation, which includes a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room, two separate rooms, and a big garden. The two rooms will accommodate two volunteers each.
There are no big distances in the village, it is easy to go around on foot and by bike. There is a good bus connection to Siófok. If needed we can arrange a ride.
150 EUR pocket money and 50 EUR food allowance per month - and food aprtly provided from the community
Hungarian language support is provided.
We are welcoming volunteers aged 18-30
- who enjoy living in the countryside
- who are interested in learning art, ecological practices, group dynamics
- who commit themselves to act upon sustainability issues on both individual and community level.
If you are interested in this project, please complete the application form!